HUE installation rendering in Private IP not public

abr...@ripple.com

Sep 25, 2015, 4:04:51 PM9/25/15
to Hue-Users
I installed HUE on a new server that has 2 IP
all defaults, and using parcels
and HUE only launches under the private IP URL and not the public

I did a quick netstat and confirmed that port 8888 is only on the private IP

How do I configure HUE to listen on public IP (or at least all).
I do not see a config setting
I have tried with no luck setting http_host=0.0.0.0
Hue Service Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for hue_safety_valve.ini

Erick Tryzelaar

Sep 25, 2015, 4:10:30 PM9/25/15
to abr...@ripple.com, Hue-Users
Hello Abraham,

Have you tried setting the `http_host` to the public IP address?

Abraham Tom

Sep 25, 2015, 4:54:04 PM9/25/15
to Erick Tryzelaar, Hue-Users
in cloudera manager 5.4.7 the option is not available to configure
that is why I tried to use the safety valve
unfortunately cloudera parcels do not use the hue.ini otherwise I go directly into that file and change it
--
Abraham Tom
Data Architect - RippleLabs.com

Erick Tryzelaar

Sep 25, 2015, 5:00:29 PM9/25/15
to Abraham Tom, Hue-Users
Maybe you're missing the `[desktop]`. Try setting your safety valve to this if you don't have it already:

```
[desktop]
http_host=1.2.3.4
```

Romain Rigaux

Sep 25, 2015, 5:53:59 PM9/25/15
to Erick Tryzelaar, Abraham Tom, Hue-Users