install kerberos in cdh 5.8

BumJin Chung

Aug 22, 2016, 4:52:02 AM8/22/16
to Hue-Users

kadmin.local : principals

/etc/passwd

import kerberos account manager credentials

i already synchronize kerberos, sentry, hive,hdfs, and hue in cdh 5.8.

if i want to create principals in kerberos(example user1, user2, user3) do i have to import kerberos account manager credentials each of them

could you please give me doc or information about guide for managing user in system which are synchronized with kerberos, sentry, hive, and hue.

there is no information in cloudera documentary.

thanks for reading this question.

Romain Rigaux

Aug 22, 2016, 4:59:22 AM8/22/16
to BumJin Chung, Hue-Users
I would recommend to ask on http://community.cloudera.com/t5/Cloudera-Manager-Installation/bd-p/CMInstall as here is the open source list about Hue

Shannon Schlueter

Aug 22, 2016, 9:31:06 AM8/22/16
to Hue-Users
You probably won't find any information about managing kerberos credentials for users in the Cloudera documentation.

Neither the base CDH nor Cloudera Manager do this as far as I know. The kerberos principals that are managed in CM are for the service accounts (hue,sentry,oozie,hive,yarn,hdfs,...) only. And the dialog that you showed in your screen shot is meant to capture a kerberos KDC admin account that CM can use to create/reconfigure these service principals when necessary.

User principals are managed the old fashion way using kadmin/kadmin.local or another user credential management system like those that are part of AD.