Hue tarball installation - Issue

thama...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2015, 5:55:49 AM2/24/15
to hue-...@cloudera.org
Hi All,
                                I am trying to install hue from a tarball (tgz) downloaded from gethue.com. After unpacking , the documentation says that i need to either use /build/env/bin runserver , or /build/env/build supervisor to get the hue server running to be able to access the hue website on localhost. How ever i do not have any of these (supervisor or runserver) scripts under the mentioned path. I have installed all the required prerequiites as mentioned in the documentation. The build was successful as well. Please advice what is it i am not doing right. I am attaching the screenshot for your reference.

Thanks
thanvin
hue1.png

Romain Rigaux

Feb 24, 2015, 12:05:48 PM2/24/15
to thama...@gmail.com, Hue-Users
The command is 'hue' and the argument is after a space, e.g.:
./build/env/bin/hue runserver

But beware, your install might not be complete, I have more stuff in bin:
ls ./build/env/bin/
activate          avro      desktop          easy_install      hue        ipcontroller  iptest   ipythonx     markdown   nosetests-2.7  pip      pybabel  pygmentize  python2.7   windmill
activate_this.py  coverage  django-admin.py  easy_install-2.7  ipcluster  ipengine      ipython  mako-render  nosetests  parquet        pip-2.7  pycolor  python      supervisor

Romain

thama...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2015, 11:19:20 PM2/24/15
to hue-...@cloudera.org, thama...@gmail.com
Hi Romain,
                          Thanks for the response. Infact i used hue as you mentioned how ever , i am getting a message which displays a message as shown in the attachment. Could you pls tell me the correct location from where you downloaded the tarball. Also the list of commands you executed starting from tarring. I performed the below steps :

1) First untar the package
2) Execute make apps
3) tried exeecuting hue runserver and hue supervisor which did not execute as mentioned. When i ran make apps the build was sucessful except that it gave a kerberos error in the end which i ignored as it would not affect my installation.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks
Thanvin
hue2.png

Romain Rigaux

Feb 25, 2015, 2:18:26 AM2/25/15
to thama...@gmail.com, hue-...@cloudera.org
I can show more tomorrow but look at the readme file in the tarball it describes another command to run

Romain Rigaux

Feb 25, 2015, 6:10:24 PM2/25/15
to thama...@gmail.com, hue-...@cloudera.org

Andrew Mo (localandbitter)

Feb 25, 2015, 9:00:54 PM2/25/15
to Romain Rigaux, thama...@gmail.com, hue-...@cloudera.org
I think the first few steps of the HUE-HDP install guide will help with a tarball installation too:

You can find it online here:

thanvin g

Feb 27, 2015, 1:05:13 AM2/27/15
to Romain Rigaux, hue-...@cloudera.org, localan...@gmail.com
Hi Romain,
                    The fundamental issue i am facing is that after extractioon and build i am not finding the directories where they need to be to run the hue server. I am attaching the screenshot of my latest attempt where there is a hue directory but no build inside this is after i ran the " sudo make install " command. In any case i am not able to locate the supervisor or the runserver scripts after installation. Please advice.

Thanks
Thanvin
hue3.png

Romain Rigaux

Mar 1, 2015, 10:52:29 PM3/1/15
to thanvin g, hue-...@cloudera.org, Andrew Mo
Could you share the command history you type to do the 'PREFIX=/usr/share make install' and after?

Romain

thama...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2015, 9:59:25 AM3/3/15
to hue-...@cloudera.org, thama...@gmail.com, localan...@gmail.com
Hi Romain,
                         I again did a clean install. Though a part of the issue was resolved when i execute hue runserver command i am seeing some issue as attached in the screenshot. I am not able to see the hue home page at http://localhost:8000 or http://127.0.0.1:8000/.  Below the command history of the clean install for your reference. Please advice.

clear
sudo apt-get install ant
sudo apt-get install gcc
sudo apt-get install  g++
sudo apt-get install  libkrb5-dev
sudo apt-get install  libmysqlclient-dev
sudo apt-get install  libssl-dev
sudo apt-get install  libsasl2-dev
sudo apt-get install  libsasl2-modules-gssapi-mit
sudo apt-get install  libsqlite3-dev
sudo apt-get install libtidy-0.99-0
sudo apt-get install libxml2-dev
sudo apt-get install libxslt-dev
sudo apt-get install mvn
sudo apt-get install maven
sudo apt-get install openldap-dev
sudo apt-get installpython-dev
sudo apt-get install python-simplejson
sudo apt-get install python-setuptools
gedit
sudo gedit
pwd
ls /home/mahesha/Downloads/
cp /home/mahesha/Downloads/hue-master.zip ./
ls
rm -f hue-3.7.1
sudo rm -r -f hue-3.7.1
ls
sudo rm -r -f hue-3.7.1.tgz
ls
clear
ls
stop-all.sh
clear
unzip hue-master.zip -d hue
clear
cd hue/hue-master
make apps
vi ~/.bashrc
gedit ~/.bashrc
sudo gedit ~/.bashrc
source ~/.bashrc
clear
ls
build/env/bin/hue runserver
whereis hdfs-site.xml
which hdfs-site.xml
echo $HADOOP_HOME
cd $HOME
pwd
ls
cd /usr/lib
ls
cd $HOME
which hadoop
cd /usr/local/hadoop/bin/hadoop
cd /usr/local
cd hadoop
ls
pwd
sudo gedit ~/.bashrc
echo HUE_HOME
echo $HUE_HOME
fin hdfs-site.xml
find hdfs-site.xml
ls
cd etc
ls
cd hadoop
ls
sudo gedit hdffs-site.xml
sudo gedit hdfs-site.xml
sudo gedit core-site.xml
dfs
jps
start-all.sh
ls
clear
cp $HUE_HOME/desktop/libs/hadoop/java-lib/hue-plugins-*.jar $HADOOP_HOME/lib/
sudo cp $HUE_HOME/desktop/libs/hadoop/java-lib/hue-plugins-*.jar $HADOOP_HOME/lib/
clear
ls
cd $HADOOP_HOME
ls
pwd
echo $HADOOP_HOME
pw
pwd
which hadoop
sudo gedit /usr/local/hadoop/bin/hadoop/conf/mapred-site.xml
pwd
cd /usr/local/hadoop
ls
cd bin