Security screens UI/UX

r.m...@plenium.com

May 10, 2018, 10:37:00 PM5/10/18
to Hue-Users
Hi, I feel the Hue Security UI screens are not very intuitive. One suggestion may be to display the related Users, Groups and Roles in a 3-column table and another 2-column table that shows Groups and related Roles. Also perhaps the Manage Users screens should be moved from the top-right drop-down to the Security section. In addition if we can see all the privileges that a particular Role has on a single screen it will be great. Thanks!

-RM

Romain Rigaux

May 23, 2018, 11:42:44 PM5/23/18
to r.m...@plenium.com, Hue-Users
Good feedback and agreed. Will add this to the redesign plan.

By the way, are you comparing the UI with another tool?

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 7:37 PM <r.m...@plenium.com> wrote:
Hi, I feel the Hue Security UI screens are not very intuitive. One suggestion may be to display the related Users, Groups and Roles in a 3-column table and another 2-column table that shows Groups and related Roles. Also perhaps the Manage Users screens should be moved from the top-right drop-down to the Security section. In addition if we can see all the privileges that a particular Role has on a single screen it will be great. Thanks!

-RM

r.m...@plenium.com

May 24, 2018, 12:04:27 PM5/24/18
to Hue-Users, r.m...@plenium.com
Thanks for the update! Yes one tool which has some RBAC screens is Cloudforge/Teamforge. It is not the best but has some good screens. You can check briefly here  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p7RJHLtwg8 . Also some UI ideas in Jira User Admin:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvdVNpgG34M
Thanks!