Assign a dynamic IP to your machine with Hue

Matt G

Dec 4, 2016, 10:21:37 AM12/4/16
to Hue-Users
Hello,

On the "hadoop-tutorial-how-to-create-a-real-hadoop-cluster-in-10-minutes" it says two things:

1. Assign a dynamic IP to your machine with Hue
2. and then go to IP:8888

Does this mean anything more than substituting the Public DNS Name of your EC2 instance into the Hive URL from the 'Hive Web UI' link?

Step 1 implies you're doing something in Hue but you're not in Hue until step 2.

When I built my instance, I stopped before installing Cloudera in order to take a snapshot.

This changed the hostname, and when you click the 'Hive Web UI' link it does not point to the right place.

Is this related to item (1) above?  If so, any advice on how to resolve it?

I'm concerned it has the original hostname in there somewhere because the Hue quick-start never returns from "Checking current configuration".

Thanks,
Matt