database is locked ; hue / hive / parquet

Sumit

Aug 7, 2016, 1:05:10 PM8/7/16
to Hue-Users
Hello,

I am using hue against the default sqlite db and have hive 1.2.1 configured.

I am able to execute select queries in there but min max where group by , basically all the other operations that basically involve both mappers and reducers or say hurl concurrent db calls isnt working, such queries result in "database is locked". I could google for the issue / problem and found out that indeed sqlite is the problem, but was wondering if that is the only problem in there? I am able to view the column wise data from hive UI i.e samples, but any light on this database is locked issue? is it just hue with sqlite at fault?

Kindly let me know.

Thanks,

Romain Rigaux

Aug 8, 2016, 1:51:22 AM8/8/16
to Sumit, Hue-Users
You would need to not use sqlite for the Hue database, i.e. switch it to MySQL InnoDB, Postgresql or Oracle:
Using an External Database for Hue Using the Command Line