How to reload SQL sources in the left panel?

Cinyoung Hur

Aug 8, 2017, 4:05:14 AM8/8/17
to Hue-Users
Hi,

I edited rdbms source in hue.ini, but old source remains in the left panel.
I can execute query to new rdbms source, but SQL Assist panel shows old information.

What I tried:
- re-install hue
- remove desktop.db and run hue again

How can I update mysql source?

s-2017-08-08_16:58:31.png

Romain Rigaux

Aug 8, 2017, 11:33:34 AM8/8/17
to Cinyoung Hur, Hue-Users
Are you sure that you edited the correct hue.ini?

(you can check the one used by Hue on the page /hue/desktop/dump_config)

When editing hue.ini, just restarting Hue is enough.

Jordan Moore

Aug 8, 2017, 1:30:58 PM8/8/17
to Hue-Users
Also curious about this.
I enabled a JDBC database under the notebook interpreters, and the 4.0 UI shows the database in the left pane, but the 3.x UI does not show it.

Cinyoung Hur

Aug 10, 2017, 5:03:31 AM8/10/17
to Hue-Users, cinyou...@gmail.com
I checked hue.ini, and confirmed new data sources.
But, my database name is DB_MED, but there is lowercase name(db_med) in the left panel.
There is warning message "Database 'db_med' is not allowed. Please use database 'DB_MED'."

How can I fix this?

Romain Rigaux

Aug 11, 2017, 5:28:20 PM8/11/17
to Cinyoung Hur, Hue-Users
FYI we fixed the refresh button this week so that it works with other dbs than hive or Impala.