Read csv files from file manager or table metastore using R session

Samy Geronymos

Nov 24, 2015, 8:33:29 AM11/24/15
to Hue-Users
Dear all,

Could you explain to me how to read a csv file from the HDFS (either the file manager, either the table metastore) without loosing the column names using an R session?

The using the plyrmr package my code is the following:

input("/path/to/file",format=make.input.format(format = "csv", sep=","))

It is weird that the column.names are lost since in the plyrmr tutorial it seems to work:

I've been on this for a long time and can't find a solution.

Thanks for your help,
Samy