Hue 3.9

Igor Varha

Aug 6, 2015, 7:01:24 AM8/6/15
to Hue-Users
Hello Hue Team,

I see that a lot of work is done now in master branch. So when the hue 3.9 will be available?

Thanks, Igor.

Enrico Berti

Aug 6, 2015, 7:03:35 AM8/6/15
to Igor Varha, Hue-Users
Hi Igor,
nice timing :) We are planning to release it in the upcoming days!

e.

simon.a...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2015, 3:47:01 AM8/12/15
to Hue-Users
Also waiting for 3.9.
Seems we have this problem:

Enrico Berti

Aug 12, 2015, 3:50:40 AM8/12/15
to simon.a...@gmail.com, Hue-Users
Hi!
We are aiming at Tuesday August 18 for the release!

e.

simon.a...@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2015, 5:11:08 PM8/19/15
to Hue-Users, simon.a...@gmail.com
Hi,

Seems HUE stays 3.7 in CDH 5.4.5?

Romain Rigaux

Aug 19, 2015, 6:08:48 PM8/19/15
to simon.a...@gmail.com, Hue-Users
Yes 5.4.5 is very similar to 5.4 which has Hue 3.7 (which is almost the same as upstream Hue 3.8).

It will be clearer in CDH5.5 as it will contain Hue 3.9 :)

Upstream Hue 3.9 will be announced soon!

simon.a...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2015, 5:03:47 AM8/26/15
to Hue-Users, simon.a...@gmail.com
Hi, Soon like ... August? :)

Enrico Berti

Aug 26, 2015, 5:08:33 AM8/26/15
to Simon U, Hue-Users

simon.a...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2015, 5:49:04 AM8/26/15
to Hue-Users, simon.a...@gmail.com
What are your views on upgrading HUE manually and not through CDH parcels?
I always thought that what Cloudera does is making sure nothing will mess up when upgrading (hence all the upgrade, parcels, dependencies etc).

Romain Rigaux

Aug 26, 2015, 2:15:45 PM8/26/15
to Simon U, Hue-Users
If you use CDH, I would recommend to stick with the Hue version shipped there (the integration with all the other components is more polished, as it knows the exact versions and patches there and lot of testing happens).

Hue tarball releases are great for playing with the latest or when you are building a custom distribution.