Why HBase time out while Kerberos enbled?

Zhang Ruiqiang

Mar 29, 2016, 8:38:34 AM3/29/16
to hue-...@cloudera.org
Hi all:
      My HUE version is 3.9.0, and I config it work with HDP cluster.
      After I kerberize the cluster, file browser, job browser, Hive and Oozie can work well. But when I use HBase Browser, there is a "Api error: timed out" error. I checked the source code, in the getTableList() method of hbase/api.py, the client.getTableNames(doas=self.user.username) statement cause the time out error.
     I can't find out the reson of this error and have no idea now.
     I have create the kerberos principal and keytab for hue, and configed hbase.thrift.kerberos.principal, hbase.thrift.keytab.file in hbase-site configuration.
      Can anyone tell me what should I do to make it work?

Regards!

Romain Rigaux

Mar 30, 2016, 4:28:06 PM3/30/16
to Zhang Ruiqiang, hue-...@cloudera.org

Zhang Ruiqiang

Mar 31, 2016, 10:50:44 AM3/31/16
to Romain Rigaux, hue-...@cloudera.org
Hi Romain:
     Thanks for your replication.
     In my first mail, I didn't set the configuration of impersonation. After I added these configuration, I got a " Api Error: Unable to authenticate " on HUE page, and there is a "org.apache.hadoop.hbase.thrift.HttpAuthenticationException: Authorization header received from the client is empty" exception in HBase Thrift server's output info.
     It seems that there're other users encounted these two errors according to the comments of the "http://gethue.com/hbase-browsing-with-doas-impersonation-and-kerberos/" , but no explicit solution was given.
      I also checked https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-13069 and https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-14471 mentioned in the Blog.   I'm not sure this problem is caused by the wrong configuration or it's a bug of thrift server?
     By the way, the "hbase.thrift.kerberos.principal" is set to "hbase/_HO...@ENT.CLOUDERA.COM" in the middle of the blog, but at the end of the blog, it says "Also make sure the HTTP/_HOST principal is in the keytab of for their HBase Thrift Server". I'm so confused on this conflict, and I tried both, but both do not work.

Thanks!

Kyle

Jun 3, 2016, 2:55:47 AM6/3/16
to Hue-Users, rom...@cloudera.com
Hi Zhang Ruiqiang:
    I had the same problems with you,did you solved the problems?

Thanks!

在 2016年3月31日星期四 UTC+8下午10:50:44,Zhang Ruiqiang写道:

Zhang Ruiqiang

Jun 5, 2016, 2:29:37 AM6/5/16
to Kyle, Hue-Users, rom...@cloudera.com

Hi Kyle:
    Unfortunately, I have not solved this. What is your HBase's version?

Gil Pinheiro

Aug 1, 2018, 9:54:35 AM8/1/18
to Hue-Users, qiaojin...@gmail.com, rom...@cloudera.com
Also suffering from the same issue.