Hive Query History removed in HUE 3.10 ?

Orlando Cassano

Jun 16, 2016, 3:39:22 AM6/16/16
to Hue-Users
Hi all,

I have a small question. I juste upgraded from HUE 3.7 to HUE 3.10 (which is very great !!!).

I can find the 'query history' in the new Hive query editor. As a administrator, I used to browse all user's queries to help them with Hive queries.
Is this feature removed from HUE ?

Thank you for your help, and your great work with HUE.

Bests,
Orlando

Romain Rigaux

Jun 17, 2016, 8:45:24 PM6/17/16
to Orlando Cassano, Hue-Users
The query history is not shareable but the saves query is. Can your users send you the query urls?

How were you helping them? Giving hints on saved query or running queries?

Orlando Cassano

Jun 20, 2016, 2:30:19 AM6/20/16
to Romain Rigaux, Hue-Users

Hi Romain,

When users were facing some troubles with their queries (very long time running queries, syntax errors …), it was very convinient to acces their History and directly giving them hints or solution.

I can of course ask them for the problematic query. I was just wondering if that feature was just moved in another tab/section in HUE 3.10 or removed.

Thank you once again for your help and your reactivity.

Bests,

Orlando

Romain Rigaux

Jun 30, 2016, 7:35:42 PM6/30/16
to Orlando Cassano, Hue-Users
It is removed, but for now, if you are logged in as a Hue admin, if they give you the URL of the query, you should be able to just access it