Sync user/groups with nested groups

Andrés López

Sep 15, 2016, 7:29:19 AM9/15/16
to Hue-Users
Hi team,

We're using AD with Hue for user management, and we tend to use nested groups within the active directory structure. For example:

Group1, Group2, Group3

NestedGroup1 (memberOf) Group1

User1 (memberOf) NestedGroup1, Group3

The user/group sync feature is not working well in Hue, in the above example we expect to retrieve User1 associated with Group3 NestedGroup1 AND Group1 (the nested group of NestedGroup1), but Hue only gets User1 associated with NestedGroup1 and Group3.

On the other hand, if you type "id User1" on the linux machine configured with AD, it gets the expected result "User1 is member of Group3, NestedGroup1 and Group1"

I think that this should be the correct behavior in Hue. Please, do you know how can we implement this logic in Hue?

Many thanks in advance

Regards,