How to increase performance on Hue 4.1

J. Pablo Redondo

Jan 11, 2018, 3:02:25 AM1/11/18
to Hue-Users
Good morning Guys,

We have upgraded our hue from 3.8 to 4.1 and the new hue looks amazing, unfortunately it seems it runs a bit slow. We cannot find the file for configuring the allocated ram for Java anywhere for Hue 4.1.

How we can make the new Hue runs smoother? Is there any configuration file anywhere so we can increase Ram allocated, CPUs used, etc? The machine where Hue is installed is a strong server with several CPUs and more than enough RAM, but it seems the default on Hue is configured with minimum values.

Thanks.

Romain Rigaux

Jan 11, 2018, 11:40:49 AM1/11/18
to J. Pablo Redondo, Hue-Users
Speed should be the same and Hue is not in Java :)

What is slow exactly?

Jose Pablo Redondo Muñoz

Jan 11, 2018, 1:03:14 PM1/11/18
to Romain Rigaux, Hue-Users
Is more about the feeling when using it, the responsiveness, etc, my feeling is that is slower now. Also it takes longer times to communicate with the Hadoop components to get information about databases, etc.

It´s true, It is based on python isn´t it? I am no expert on python so I don´t really know if there is any way to tune hue so in exchange of consuming a bit more resources of the systems it works faster.

Thanks for the quick response Roman.
--
Un saludo
Jose Pablo Redondo Muñoz