HTTP Connection Pool

Robert Urban

Oct 6, 2016, 1:58:10 PM10/6/16
to Hue-Users
Hi,
I am trying to run the Sample Notebook included with Hue 3.11. Whenever I try to run any of the pre-built examples, I get the following:

HTTPConnectionPool(host='localhost', port=8998): Max retries exceeded with url: /sessions (Caused by NewConnectionError('<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f1c52dfb290>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused',))

What additional software services do I need to make this work? I have a pretty basic run-of-the-mill hue,hive, hadoop environment. Thank you.

-rob

Romain Rigaux

Oct 6, 2016, 7:12:34 PM10/6/16
to Robert Urban, Hue-Users
This means the Livy http://livy.io/ server is down or Hue is not configured to point to its host

Robert Urban

Oct 11, 2016, 2:05:09 PM10/11/16
to Hue-Users, rurb...@gmail.com
Hi Romain,
I have installed the most current version livy server and Spark. I have configured Hue.ini with the appropriate settings, and I get the following errors:

The Spark session could not be created in the cluster: timeout

or

"Session '-1' not found." (error 404)

Hue, Spark and Livy are up.