Hue and LDAP integration is not working

Anu Das

Apr 15, 2016, 7:16:33 AM4/15/16
to Hue-Users
Hi there,

I am using cdh 5.6.0. I was following the below link for configuring it. I did all of them but not able to login to Hue using my LDAP account. Any help would be great.

http://www.cloudera.com/documentation/cdh/5-1-x/CDH5-Security-Guide/cdh5sg_hue_ldap_config.html

My hue.ini content is given below.

[[auth]]
user_augmentor=desktop.auth.backend.DefaultUserAugmentor
backend=desktop.auth.backend.LdapBackend
[[ldap]]
ldap_url=ldap://bluepages.ibm.com
search_bind_authentication=false
ldap_username_pattern="ou=bluepages,o=ibm.com"
create_users_on_login=false
base_dn="ou=bluepages,o=ibm.com"
[[[users]]]
user_filter="objectclass=*"
user_name_attr="mail"

When i login to Hue it is giving the error Invalid username or password. I can't login with local "admin" account as well since auth is chosen for LDAP. Because of this i was not able to sychronize LDAP users and groups as well. I don't know the hue root path to run command line. It is not present under /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/282-hue-HUE_SERVER.

Regards,
Anu V Das

hunt...@gmail.com

May 23, 2019, 3:30:22 PM5/23/19
to Hue-Users
Have you made any progress on this? I've gotten a bit further but having issues when I login
I had to add this under the [[ldap]] and have all the ldap settings under [[[[name_for_ldap]]]]

    [[[ldap_servers]]]

      [[[[name_for_ldap]]]]

You can also have multiple backends like this

(this allows both the Django and ldap login, defaulting to ldap)

backend = desktop.auth.backend.LdapBackend,desktop.auth.backend.AllowFirstUserDjangoBackend