Pig Query Editor: "No Available Logs"

John Ross Tasipit

Mar 22, 2017, 12:20:54 AM3/22/17
to Hue-Users
When running any pig script, "No Available Logs" would appear. I have tried this on Hue 3.10 , 3.11, 3.12 but no luck. I have attached a screenshot.

Selection_139.bmp

Xavier Morera

Mar 22, 2017, 12:58:03 AM3/22/17
to John Ross Tasipit, Hue-Users
Just curious, when you click on START_MANUAL and you go to inspect the logs there, what does it say? If I am not mistaken (and I could definitively be) that means that an error occurred while starting the job in Oozie.

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 9:20 PM, John Ross Tasipit <guita...@gmail.com> wrote:
When running any pig script, "No Available Logs" would appear. I have tried this on Hue 3.10 , 3.11, 3.12 but no luck. I have attached a screenshot.

Xavier Morera

Entrepreneur | Author & Trainer | Consultant | Developer & Scrum Master

www.xaviermorera.com

office:  (305) 600-4919

cel:     +506 8849-8866

skype: xmorera
Twitter | LinkedIn | Pluralsight Author

John Ross Tasipit

Mar 22, 2017, 2:30:49 AM3/22/17
to Hue-Users, guita...@gmail.com
It would redirect me to Oozie interface part of Hue. Yes it must have an error but oozie shows that log. There is still no available logs even though I use a successfully running script.

On Wednesday, March 22, 2017 at 12:58:03 PM UTC+8, Xavier Morera wrote:
Just curious, when you click on START_MANUAL and you go to inspect the logs there, what does it say? If I am not mistaken (and I could definitively be) that means that an error occurred while starting the job in Oozie.
On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 9:20 PM, John Ross Tasipit <guita...@gmail.com> wrote:
When running any pig script, "No Available Logs" would appear. I have tried this on Hue 3.10 , 3.11, 3.12 but no luck. I have attached a screenshot.

John Ross Tasipit

Mar 27, 2017, 8:55:23 PM3/27/17
to Hue-Users
I have just found out that I am running a wrong pig script. The logs are appearing but the issue now is that "User [hue] is not authorized to view the logs " is now appearing. I have tried the mapreduce parameters on this link: https://groups.google.com/a/cloudera.org/forum/#!topic/hue-user/QClHvlZu_20 to add on mapred-site.xml using ambari but it seems that Hue is not using the parameters, unless I specified the mapreduce param on Hadoop Properties of Pig Editor.

John Ross Tasipit

Mar 27, 2017, 8:56:38 PM3/27/17
to Hue-Users
Do I missed something? I have tried to add the Hue Plugin on /usr/hdp/current/hadoop-mapreduce/lib/ but still no luck? are there any Hue experts here?

John Ross Tasipit

Jun 13, 2017, 6:55:04 AM6/13/17
to Hue-Users
Hello guys, This error was an existing bug for versions 3.11 below. Just upgrade your Hue to Hue 3.12 and this problem will be solved!