Oozie's "Now" value for Nominal Time is not the current GMT time

Lucas Lingle

Jan 25, 2016, 9:14:22 PM1/25/16
to Hue-Users
When I try to run a workflow with an SLA that involves nominal time, there is an option when I run it to use "Now" as the nominal time parameter.

However, clicking that choice in Hue instead inputs the current time *for my timezone*, rather than the GMT time.
This causes my 1-hour SLA to fail, because the Actual Time is measured in GMT, and the Nominal Time is the current PST time.

For example, when I ran this at 5:48pm PST, and chose "Now" for the nominal time, I got an SLA alert email that said:

Nominal Time - Mon Jan 25 17:48:00 GMT 2016

Actual Start Time - Tue Jan 26 01:48:59 GMT 2016

Expected End Time - Mon Jan 25 18:48:00 GMT 2016

Thus Oozie appears to be interpreting the Nominal Time as though it is GMT, even though when I choose "Now", Hue inputs the time in my timezone instead.

Is there a way for me to fix this in Hue, or is it a bug?

Thanks for your help.

Lucas Lingle

Jan 26, 2016, 9:48:25 PM1/26/16
to Hue-Users
I see from the HUE-3052 jira that this bug has already been resolved, and that the fix will be present in Hue 3.10.

Thanks.