Does Hue 4.0 support SpqakSql?

Zhang Ruiqiang

Aug 7, 2017, 12:53:49 PM8/7/17
to hue-...@cloudera.org
Hi all:
      I noticed that there is SparkSql configurations in hue.ini, but i can't find any document about this, so is this a completed feature of in development?

Thanks!

Romain Rigaux

Aug 8, 2017, 1:51:11 AM8/8/17
to Zhang Ruiqiang, hue-...@cloudera.org
It is there, but the Spark Thrift API was still not very mature the last time I tried

Jordan Moore

Aug 8, 2017, 1:21:30 PM8/8/17
to Hue-Users
Hi Zhang,

I have enabled the sparksql section, and it seems to be working okay. The "left assist" pane with the tables and databases doesn't fill and the autocomplete doesn't work like the Hive/Impala editor, though.
You can also setup a Livy Server to allow for Scala/Python/SparkR notebooks, which themselves allow for SparkSQL.

Romain Rigaux

Aug 8, 2017, 1:43:32 PM8/8/17
to Jordan Moore, Hue-Users