Spark Notebook Actively Maintained and a Priority

Xavier Morera

Sep 14, 2017, 6:51:33 PM9/14/17
to Hue-Users
Hi,

Is the Spark Notebook actively maintained and part of the main features of HUE? Or should I go look for something different if I wanted to work with Spark 2.0 in HUE?

Regards,
Xavier

--

Xavier Morera

Entrepreneur | Author & Trainer | Consultant | Developer & Scrum Master

www.xaviermorera.com

office:  (305) 600-4919

cel:     +506 8849-8866

skype: xmorera
Twitter | LinkedIn | Pluralsight Author

Jordan Moore

Sep 15, 2017, 1:18:58 AM9/15/17
to Hue-Users
Hello,

Can't speak for active maintenance, but Hue is open-source, so feel free to check the commit logs yourself. :)

Spark Notebooks will require a running Livy Server <http://livy.incubator.apache.org/> which can be configured with Spark 1.3 and later. Personally, I have tested a Spark2 configured Livy 0.3 server, and Hue seems fine with it.

If you are solely looking for notebook alternatives and not needing the other Hue features, you can look into either Apache Zeppelin or Apache Toree w/ Jupyter.