Create hive table using demo gethue

geeth...@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2017, 2:37:28 AM9/17/17
to Hue-Users
Hi,

I tried to create a hive table using the demo.gethue.com live demo. But I am not able to create any table. I could see from the logs that the default demo user does not have write privileges.

I tried both the create table SQL query option as well as through the Hive metastore manager whereby I tried to import data from a file (both managed table and external table). I am not even able to see the logs in this scenario.

Is 'create table' restricted in demo.gethue?

Regards,
Geetha

Romain Rigaux

Sep 17, 2017, 12:09:30 PM9/17/17