HUE Coordinator jobs get submitted with improper timezone

vinothge...@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2015, 9:34:46 PM8/24/15
to Hue-Users
Hi,

Iam trying to schedule a worfkflow using oozie coordinator in Indian Timezone(UTC+05:30 hrs). So, I use (current time zone - 5:30 Hrs) to arrive at UTC time.
However, the job does not run as expected. When the coordinator job is submitted, it takes different timings in HUE and job does not get completed on time. I have attached screenshots of my issue. Kindly assist with the same.

FYI: I checked the HUE configration file(hue.ini) and timezone is set as UTC. Also, the oozie configuration file also has TIMEZONE = UTC(etc/oozie/conf/oozie-default.xml). Let me know what i am missing here.

Thanks,
Vinoth
Ozzie-Hue Issues.docx

Romain Rigaux

Aug 24, 2015, 11:45:02 PM8/24/15
to vinothge...@gmail.com, Hue-Users
Which Hue version is it?

There is something fishy with the frequency date, it show '0 0 * * *' in the XML instead of '30 12 * * *'.

It looks like this error in Hue 3.8, fixed in 3.8.1 or 3.9: https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/HUE-2717

vinothge...@gmail.com

Aug 25, 2015, 2:07:24 AM8/25/15
to Hue-Users, vinothge...@gmail.com
Romain,

Thanks for your quick help!! HUE version is 3.7.0. Should i upgrade to 3.9.0 to resolve this problem ? CDH used is 5.4.0.
Please let me know.

Thanks,
Vinoth

vinothge...@gmail.com

Aug 25, 2015, 4:00:57 AM8/25/15
to Hue-Users, vinothge...@gmail.com
Romain,

Today, again i tried to schedule using crontab option(in HUE) and the frequency was selected properly this time. Also, the job went fine.
The problem happens only when i specify a time instead of using crontab. Kindly let me know if i should change the configuration somewhere else.

Thanks,
Vinoth

Romain Rigaux

Aug 25, 2015, 9:14:53 PM8/25/15
to Vinoth K, Hue-Users
Does the generated XML looks in sync with what you entered in the UI?

Normally the bug will forget to save some changes. This was fixed in C5.4.2, so if you upgrade to the latest, C5.4.5 you should be good!

vinothge...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2015, 2:13:13 PM8/26/15
to Hue-Users, vinothge...@gmail.com
Romain,

XML is not in sync with UI. It is in sync only when crontab options are specified.

Thanks,
Vinoth

Romain Rigaux

Aug 26, 2015, 4:47:33 PM8/26/15