Deploying Oozie jobs created using hue from dev environment to prod environment

Vidyan Komuravelli

Jun 15, 2017, 11:21:21 AM6/15/17
to Hue-Users
Hello Team,

We are very new to Hue. And we have currently configured Hue in our prod and dev environments. We need to deploy our Oozie jobs developed through Hue from dev environment to Prod environment.
Is there a way we can import/deploy them to prod environment without keeping much effort.

Thanks,
Vidyan

Jordan Moore

Jun 24, 2017, 7:36:08 PM6/24/17
to Hue-Users
Viday, in the hue.ini, you should have a section that mentions the [oozie] > remote_data_dir.

You can perform a DistCP operation between HDFS clusters to copy Hue's workflow data over. You could even do DistCP as an oozie job.

However, it is likely you are running an individual Oozie Server in each environment, have different namenodes, and HDFS file paths for your data, so you will need to still edit your files. In which case, downloading your oozie workflow definitions locally, putting into source control, etc. then deploying where necessary would be more manageable.