Unable to use Solr with Hue 4.1

Theyaa Matti

Feb 19, 2018, 8:52:24 PM2/19/18
to Hue-Users
I am using Hue 4.1 UI and I can't it to show Solr SQL or Solr Dashboards. I have enabled Solr but it does not seem to show up.

Any help please?

Jörn A.

Feb 19, 2018, 9:09:06 PM2/19/18
to Theyaa Matti, 'Jean-François Desjeans Gauthier' via Hue-Users
Hey there.

SOLR SQL is supported until version 6.
Which version do you use?
Maybe it is a config issue. You have to configure hue to your solr instance.

Best regards
Joern

Gesendet mit Blue

r.m...@plenium.com

Feb 19, 2018, 9:17:37 PM2/19/18
to Hue-Users, theya...@gmail.com
For Cloudera Manager installations, if you have not yet added the Solr service to your cluster, do so from the Cloudera Manager->Home->Add Service dropdown.  The Add a Service wizard automatically configures and initializes the Solr service.

Also in Cloudera Manager Hue->configuration->Hue Service Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) for hue_safety_valve.ini remove Search from blacklist.

Cloudera manager->Hue->configuration and search for solr.
In the Solr Service->Hue(Service Wide) click on Solr button if it has none clicked.

Theyaa Matti

Feb 19, 2018, 11:20:37 PM2/19/18
to Hue-Users, theya...@gmail.com
Hi Joern, I have Solr 6.3 installed and available.

Theyaa Matti

Feb 19, 2018, 11:21:33 PM2/19/18
to Hue-Users, theya...@gmail.com
I am not using Cloudera but rather the Hue downloaded from gethue.com