How to modify the actions in Oozie workflow editor

weidong li

Aug 5, 2016, 1:09:10 AM8/5/16
to Hue-Users

Hi, everyone:

I am currently working on adding a customized Hive2 action to the Oozie workflow editor. But I got stuck on modifying the "demi-modal".

I have already added a new action icon(see the picture below). It currently did the same thing with the "Hive2" action.

Then I tried to change the function for my new action in "templates/editor2/workflow_editor.mako". I changed draggableHive2Action() to draggableHiveAutoAction()
I also changed some corresponding codes:
models2.py  --> 1. Add class HiveAutoAction() according to HiveServer2Action() 2.add  'hiveauto-widget':HiveAutoAction in NODES 3. some other changes as long as I found "Hive2"
views/editor2.py
js/workflow-editor.ko.js  --> Add self.draggableHiveAutoAction = ko.observable(bareWidgetBuilder("Auto Script", "hiveauto-widget"));
templates/editor2
common_workflow.mako
add gen/workflow-hiveauto.xml.mako (just copy the hive2 version)

But when I went to the Oozie workflow editor's creating page. There was an error message: This workflow was imported from an old Hue version, save it to create a copy in the new format or open it in the old editor. The console told me that the draggableHiveAutoAction() is undefined.

The information above is a little messy. But the question is simple: where can I modify the ''demi-modal' in Oozie workflow editor?

Thanks a lot!!

Romain Rigaux

Aug 6, 2016, 1:18:29 PM8/6/16
to weidong li, Hue-Users
You are using Hue in dev mode? (aka do you see the changes in the js/workflow-editor.ko.js? If draggableHiveAutoAction it should work)

weidong li

Aug 7, 2016, 1:01:44 AM8/7/16
to Hue-Users, gord...@gmail.com
Thanks a lot. I will have a look.

在 2016年8月7日星期日 UTC+8上午1:18:29,Romain Rigaux写道: