HUE and multi-tenancy

Loïc Chanel

Apr 20, 2017, 9:18:25 AM4/20/17
to Hue-Users
Hi all,

As I have a requirement that is to expose internal HDFS files to a high-level client, I was wondering if there is a way to deploy HUE on a multi-tenant cluster.
As I'm using Ranger and Kerberos at the moment to secure my multi-user cluster, I would like to know if there is a way that the user, once logged in HUE, can be subject to Ranger security policies. In my mind, the user should be allowed to see only the directories he has access to for example.
Is there a way to handle this dynamically ?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Regards,

Loïc

Romain Rigaux

Apr 22, 2017, 3:51:58 AM4/22/17
to Loïc Chanel, Hue-Users
Hue is just a view on of of Hadoop, a logged-in user 'bob' can only do what the 'bob' is allowed to do on the CLI.

e.g. http://gethue.com/yahoo-hadoop-meetup-integrate-hue-with-your-hadoop-cluster/

Loïc Chanel

Apr 26, 2017, 11:41:16 AM4/26/17
to Romain Rigaux, Hue-Users
Tested & approved. Thanks for your answer :-)

Loïc CHANEL
System Big Data engineer
MS&T - WASABI - Worldline (Villeurbanne, France)