MY-SQL Upgrade and other issues

Robert Urban

Sep 21, 2016, 10:06:35 AM9/21/16
to Hue-Users
Hi,
I have a HUE setup that I want to use a MYSQL for the backend of HUE. I have installed SQLLite3 to try to do a database dump, but it says it cannot open the database. I do this while HUE is down. I follow the articles I have found on the Internet, but cannot seem to get the desktop.db to dump to JSON file, and then reimport into mysql.

Honestly, if it was easier to just run a script and start all over in MYSQL I would be open to that as well. I do not need anything in my current desktop.db from my working environment.

Additionally, I get a Yarn warning about impersonation. Do I have to make modifications to my YARN settings to make this work?

Thank you.

Romain Rigaux

Sep 28, 2016, 7:14:39 AM9/28/16
to Robert Urban, Hue-Users
If you just want to start from a fresh Hue, just point to the new MySQL DB and syncdb/migrate to recreate all the table there.

What is the YARN warning? AFAIK impersonation is on by default there.

Robert Urban

Sep 28, 2016, 8:44:29 AM9/28/16
to Hue-Users, rurb...@gmail.com
Hi Romain,
Thank you for the response. I have seen this document for people who use the Cloudera version of Hue. However, can you give me the equivalent for Hue Version 3.11? To run hue I must execute: sudo build/env/bin/supervisor.

I have figured out the other issues. Thank you.

Romain Rigaux

Sep 29, 2016, 12:39:00 PM9/29/16
to Robert Urban, Hue-Users
This is the same for any Hue, just use the 'build/env/bin/hue' command