Error/warning message "There was a problem with your request"

Caesar Samsi

Sep 13, 2015, 2:57:49 PM9/13/15
to Hue-Users

Hi,

The error happens when I click on the Filebrowser menu item. It will display the filebrowser page and then display the error message. The filebrowser seems to work OK (I can create/delete file/folder, navigate folders, etc.)

What could cause the error message?

Thank you, Caesar.

This is a fresh install of Hue using Cloudera’s repository on my Ubuntu system (sudo apt-get hue hue-server)

I set hue.ini to:

[desktop]

  # Webserver runs as this user

  server_user=phablet

  server_group=phablet

  # This should be the Hue admin and proxy user

  default_user=phablet

  # This should be the hadoop cluster admin

  default_hdfs_superuser=phablet

[hadoop]

# Configuration for HDFS NameNode

  # ------------------------------------------------------------------------

  [[hdfs_clusters]]

    # HA support by using HttpFs

    [[[default]]]

      # Enter the filesystem uri

      fs_defaultfs=hdfs://ubuntu-phablet-2:9000

      # NameNode logical name.

      ## logical_name=

      # Use WebHdfs/HttpFs as the communication mechanism.

      # Domain should be the NameNode or HttpFs host.

      # Default port is 14000 for HttpFs.

      webhdfs_url=http://ubuntu-phablet-2:50070/webhdfs/v1

image001.png

Jenny Kim

Sep 14, 2015, 12:46:59 AM9/14/15
to Hue-Users
Hi Caesar,

When you go to view the logs (at /logs) do you see any other detail related to the error?  This could be thrown due to an internal API error, but the logs should specify the underlying issue.

Jenny

Caesar Samsi

Sep 17, 2015, 6:30:09 PM9/17/15
to Jenny Kim, hue-...@cloudera.org
Hi Jenny,

Which log should I look at?

Thank you, Caesar.

Romain Rigaux

Sep 21, 2015, 10:56:26 AM9/21/15
to Caesar Samsi, Jenny Kim, Hue-Users
After getting the error, just open the /logs page of Hue in your browser. If you are an admin you will see the trace of the error which will contain more userful information