Hue 3.11 S3 Credentials

Benjamin Kim

Mar 2, 2017, 5:20:53 PM3/2/17
to Hue-Users
I would like to know if there is a way to use the Hadoop Credential Provider (jceks file) to lookup S3 access and secret keys? We have 2 of these jceks files. One contains the keys for a partner, and another contains keys for our company's S3. We switch back and forth based on which jceks file we choose to use. In this way, we never see any of the keys, and they meet security policies.

Cheers,
Ben

Romain Rigaux

Mar 27, 2017, 12:07:23 PM3/27/17
to Benjamin Kim, Hue-Users
Currently not, Hue only support 1 S3 key via plain text or password file

Benjamin Kim

Mar 27, 2017, 12:45:05 PM3/27/17
to Romain Rigaux, Hue-Users
Hi Romain,

Do you know if there are plans for anything similar?

Cheers,
Ben

Tom Stewart

Aug 10, 2017, 12:09:23 AM8/10/17
to Hue-Users, rom...@cloudera.com
Any update on the jckes files for S3 browser? We are using the following (as an example):

hadoop fs \
  -D fs.s3a.aws.credentials.provider=org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.TemporaryAWSCredentialsProvider \
  -D fs.s3a.security.credential.provider.path=jceks://hdfs@ns/user/whoever/s3.jceks \
  -ls s3a://my-bucket/

It would be nice if hue.ini could specify these two variables, in which case we could use different providers and generate a jckes file. For temporary though, Hue would also need an option to re-read the jckes file periodically in case the contents change. And, it would nice to provide a variable translation so or a selection  box where each user could point to their own jckes file(s) - and thus access to their own individual buckets.