Trouble with multiple Auth backends

Matt Chapman

Sep 13, 2016, 5:08:30 PM9/13/16
to Hue-Users
Hello,

The config file says,

# Multiple Authentication backends are supported by specifying a comma-separated list in order of priority.

but when I set the backend as:

backend=desktop.auth.backend.AllowFirstUserDjangoBackend,desktop.auth.backend.LdapBackend

...then it still tries to connect to the LDAP server on the very first login, and if the server does not response, the log-in fails and the server returns a 503 timeout.

How can I ensure the LDAP server is ignored in this scenario?

Thanks for the help,

Matt

Romain Rigaux

Sep 14, 2016, 11:55:14 AM9/14/16
to Matt Chapman, Hue-Users
I did not try, but does it work if you reverse the order? http://gethue.com/configuring-hue-multiple-authentication-backends-and-ldap/

(if yes, this is a bug that we should fix)