Hue 4.1 - Indexer JDBC Database Name Field NOT populated after successful connection

Theyaa Matti

Jan 24, 2018, 1:20:34 PM1/24/18
to Hue-Users
I am using Hue 4.1 and I am following this tutorial: http://gethue.com/importing-data-from-traditional-databases-into-hdfshive-in-just-a-few-clicks/  to connect using JDBC.

I can see in the logs the connection is successful and the gateway gets the list of all available database. But, the Database Name field never get populated and I am unable to see in the logs any errors related to that.

I get the log populated with many lines like this:

[24/Jan/2018 10:14:51 -0800] java_gateway DEBUG    Answer received: ystable12

[24/Jan/2018 10:14:51 -0800] java_gateway DEBUG    Command to send: c

This prevents the Indexer wizard from moving forward and I am stuck and can not complete the wizard. Would appreciate any insight here.

Romain Rigaux

Jan 24, 2018, 2:01:51 PM1/24/18
to Theyaa Matti, Hue-Users
There is an upstream jira, but the issue is from the JDBC connector or the DB, not Hue.

The good news is that we are experimenting with a new connector that should be more robust in 4.3 release.

Theyaa Matti

Jan 24, 2018, 2:04:56 PM1/24/18
to Hue-Users, theya...@gmail.com
Thank you Romain for the quick response. Do you know the Jira ticket please?