Can't establish Hue connection with S3

Yifan Wu

Sep 18, 2016, 9:46:43 PM9/18/16
to Hue-Users
I have Hue 3.10 installed on AWS EMR and have an S3 bucket for data storage. While I'm trying to establish the connection between Hue and S3 following the introduction (http://gethue.com/how-to-configure-hue-in-your-hadoop-cluster/), I restart Hue and see nothing change. Under "File Browser" I can only see HDFS option. Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks

Romain Rigaux

Sep 18, 2016, 10:20:53 PM9/18/16
to Yifan Wu, Hue-Users
Are you using the Hue from EMR?
Not sure if it is enabled there (it used to in EMR 4)

Above blog post is for Hue 3.11
On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 6:46 PM Yifan Wu <darren...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have Hue 3.10 installed on AWS EMR and have an S3 bucket for data storage. While I'm trying to establish the connection between Hue and S3 following the introduction (http://gethue.com/how-to-configure-hue-in-your-hadoop-cluster/), I restart Hue and see nothing change. Under "File Browser" I can only see HDFS option. Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks

Yifan Wu

Sep 18, 2016, 11:24:28 PM9/18/16
to Hue-Users, darren...@gmail.com
Yes I'm using the Hue from EMR.
Really want to get it work with S3, is there an updated tutorial?

Thanks a lot!

Romain Rigaux

Sep 18, 2016, 11:37:27 PM9/18/16
to Yifan Wu, Hue-Users
I think the S3 browser is only in EMR 4, you should confirm on the EMR mailing list.

Yifan Wu

Sep 19, 2016, 12:51:35 AM9/19/16
to Hue-Users, darren...@gmail.com
I'm reading the S3 introduction page in AWS, the latest EMR should supprt Hue S3 browser as well

Chriss Vincelette

Sep 19, 2016, 1:21:35 AM9/19/16
to Yifan Wu, Hue-Users
3.10 does not support S3.

S3 support came in 3.11.

Sent from my iPhone

Yifan Wu

Sep 19, 2016, 2:02:19 AM9/19/16
to Hue-Users, darren...@gmail.com
Ahh...just noticed this. Thanks for reminding!