Generation of pre-defined Hue dashboards

Unai

Nov 25, 2015, 8:52:48 AM11/25/15
to Hue-Users
Hi all,

I am developing a Hue app that allows a user to configure different data sources, creating a different Solr index for each new data source.

I would like to know if there is a way to generate a pre-defined dashboard for each new data source. This way, each time the user configures a data source in my app, a new dashboard is created with a pre-defined set of widgets.

Thank you,
Unai

Enrico Berti

Nov 25, 2015, 9:17:58 AM11/25/15
to Unai, Hue-Users
Hi Unai!
Just curious: are you writing a new external app or a Hue app with the SDK?

We don't provide an API to create Search dashboards on demand but nothing stops you from inserting you new dashboard documents in the Hue database.

You can have a look at the structure of a dashboard directly in the Hue database, it's a plain JSON in a text field.

Are you using Sqllite or have you configured Hue with another db backend?

Cheers!
e.

Unai

Nov 25, 2015, 10:17:20 AM11/25/15
to Hue-Users, unai....@deusto.es
Hi Enrico,

thanks for your answer. We are writing the app using python SDK. From what you say, we will extract the structure of our dashboard in JSON and then use it as template in every new dashboard we insert in Hue.

We are grabbing different data sources using flume as entry point. We then store the data in HBase and index it using Solr 5.

Cheers,
Unai
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to hue-user+unsubscribe@cloudera.org.

Romain Rigaux

Nov 25, 2015, 11:12:57 AM11/25/15
to Unai, Hue-Users
Usually we generate a dashboard manually then save it and share it as example, like the examples of http://demo.gethue.com/search/

Each of above dashboard queries a different collection. Is it good enough?

Unai

Nov 26, 2015, 10:07:30 AM11/26/15
to Hue-Users, unai....@deusto.es
Yes, thank you Romain!