Hbase Tables not showing

aaron....@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2015, 7:58:19 PM2/19/15
to hue-...@cloudera.org
Hello,

I am trying to configure Hue to work with Hbase on an AWS EMR cluster.  I can load Hue just fine, but when i go to :8888/hbase/ , no clusters and no tables are showing up.  However, when I load Hue's "Hbase Browser" example, I can see the table pop up from the hbase shell on the server directly.. so some kind of connection is being created.  But it is not showing up in the UI

Any thoughts much appreciated,

Romain Rigaux

Feb 19, 2015, 8:40:08 PM2/19/15
to aaron....@gmail.com, Hue-Users
Weird, in the Hue UI, do you have the cluster 'Cluster' selected on the 'Switch Cluster' button?

Do you see any error in the network tab of the Chrome console?

Romain

aaron....@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2015, 8:47:04 PM2/19/15
to hue-...@cloudera.org, aaron....@gmail.com
good catch, there is in fact a chrome console error.. not sure what would be causing this?

":8888/hbase/api/getClusters 403 (FORBIDDEN)"

Romain Rigaux

Feb 19, 2015, 8:59:31 PM2/19/15
to aaron.wertman, Hue-Users
This is a permission error. Are you using any auth on the HBase Thrift Server v1?

aaron....@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2015, 9:20:32 PM2/19/15
to hue-...@cloudera.org, aaron....@gmail.com
I'm not not sure, default configurations were used when starting the daemons. if you have a way to check let me know, but from what I have read it looks like aws does not currently support it:

"Hadoop does not currently support an authentication mechanism using the thrift service"

aaron....@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2015, 9:30:03 PM2/19/15
to hue-...@cloudera.org, aaron....@gmail.com
i just tried to manually delete some files  from the "file browser" and I got an error that i assume is related:

Cannot perform operation. Note: you are a Hue admin but not a HDFS superuser (which is "hadoop").

AccessControlException: Permission denied: user="USERNAME", access=WRITE, inode="/hbase":hadoop:supergroup:drwxr-xr-x (error 403)

Romain Rigaux

Feb 20, 2015, 1:03:15 PM2/20/15
to aaron.wertman, Hue-Users
Actually HTTP ERROR 403 is a csrf error. Which browser and Hue versions are you using?

Other error is just that you don't have the HDFS perms to delete these files. Would need to log as 'hadoop'

Romain

aaron....@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2015, 1:06:08 PM2/20/15
to hue-...@cloudera.org, aaron....@gmail.com
got it - i switched over to the hadoop user going forward

I am using chrome and Hue 3.6.0

aaron....@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2015, 5:02:58 PM2/20/15
to hue-...@cloudera.org, aaron....@gmail.com
I've been trying to resolve the csrf error but have still been unsuccessful.  any guidance on debugging would be much appreciated

Romain Rigaux

Feb 24, 2015, 12:28:12 AM2/24/15
to Aaron Wertman, Hue-Users
Weird, is the live Hue demo working for you?

http://demo.gethue.com/hbase/#HBase

Do you see any failed requests in the network tab of Chrome?

Romain

aaron....@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2015, 2:38:32 PM2/24/15
to hue-...@cloudera.org, aaron....@gmail.com