Hi all, I'm trying to learn Hadoop. I installed Virtual Box and Cloudera VM Quick Start. I logged in to Hue using cloudera userid. But the Check configuration fails. Please see the details.

Ajay

Mar 17, 2017, 7:23:32 PM3/17/17
to Hue-Users

Checking current configuration

Configuration files located in /etc/hue/conf.empty

Potential misconfiguration detected. Fix and restart Hue.

hadoop.hdfs_clusters.default.webhdfs_url Current value: http://localhost:50070/webhdfs/v1
Failed to access filesystem root
Hive Failed to access Hive warehouse: /user/hive/warehouse
HBase Browser Failed to authenticate to HBase Thrift Server, check authentication configurations.
Impala No available Impalad to send queries to.     I've tried to stop and start hue, hbase and hive services per some blogs posted in google but no success. Please someone help me.

Thanks
AC

Xavier Morera

Mar 17, 2017, 7:39:21 PM3/17/17
to Ajay, Hue-Users
Hi,

Couple of things, how much memory do you have for your VM? I usually set at least 8GB, especially if you are going to us Cloudera Manager. There is even a check that preventes less RAM for enabling it in the QuickStart VM. What might be happening is that services do not have enough RAM and they don't start.

Also, try this to restart HUE
If you are just opening, try this
- Open terminal
- sudo /etc/init.d/hue restart

If it is a clean Quickstart VM it is worth trying but give it a shot. Also, reboot the VM as that has helped me before :)

Good luck

Xavier Morera

Entrepreneur | Author & Trainer | Consultant | Developer & Scrum Master

www.xaviermorera.com

office:  (305) 600-4919

cel:     +506 8849-8866

skype: xmorera