HUE performance

at...@ripple.com

Aug 31, 2017, 12:53:51 PM8/31/17
to Hue-Users
I am on HUE 3.12 with cloudera manager
The Impala notebook panel is very nice
but extremely heavy
Usability from my customers see only a blank screen until all the objects return

Attached page timing and 2 errors that showed
30 to 40 sec if cached
brand new with cache cleared is beyond 60 sec
with over 2 MB of content.

Its nice, but needs to be lighter or load and call items after initial rendering, not wait for everything to return

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 9.47.29 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 9.46.26 AM.png

Romain Rigaux

Sep 4, 2017, 5:04:31 AM9/4/17
to Hue-Users, at...@ripple.com
Did you set up a load balancer in front of Hue? (Can google it to find blog posts about it)

Karan Kumar

Sep 4, 2017, 8:03:48 AM9/4/17
to Romain Rigaux, Hue-Users, at...@ripple.com
My setup includes 2 instances of hue behind an Amazon ELB with static files served by Nginx. Initial load times are around 20 seconds. Serving approximately 100+ users. I used this blog as the reference.

Thanks
Karan