Does file browser support 2/multiple HDFS?

Evan

Dec 19, 2016, 1:39:56 PM12/19/16
to Hue-Users
Hello,

How can I make the file browser to support 2 HDFS ?
For example, in the file browser menu, we have HDFS A Browser and HDFS B Browser.

In the configuration, we can set fs_defaultfs = NameNode_A
But in the file browser, I want to set default file browser = NameNode_B.

Can we do it?
Thanks.

Romain Rigaux

Dec 19, 2016, 1:51:11 PM12/19/16
to Evan, Hue-Users
Right now Hue is singler cluster, but we are investigating at this.

What would be the use case though, aren't both HDFS not in the same cluster? e.g. Hive only supports one of the HDFS

Evan Lu

Dec 19, 2016, 2:03:06 PM12/19/16
to Romain Rigaux, Hue-Users
Thanks for your response, Romain!

The use case is:

I set fs.defaultFS = hdfs://namenode_A and webhdfs_url = http://namenode_A:50070. And the file browser will show namenode_A's HDFS.

But I want to hide namenode_A's HDFS in file browser and show namenode_B as the default hdfs.

Have we supported it until now?

Thanks!

Evan Lu

Dec 19, 2016, 8:13:39 PM12/19/16
to Romain Rigaux, Hue-Users
Hello,
Anyone has an idea about it?
If I need to change the code to implement it, where should I take a look at (what sourcecode files)?
Thanks.

-Evan

Romain Rigaux

Dec 20, 2016, 6:00:37 PM12/20/16
to Evan Lu, Hue-Users
Right now Hue is not really designed to offer 2 different clusters at the same time.

You could maybe see for hacking it around in:
https://github.com/cloudera/hue/blob/master/desktop/core/src/desktop/lib/fsmanager.py#L39

Then displaying the second browser here:
https://github.com/cloudera/hue/blob/master/desktop/core/src/desktop/templates/common_header.mako#L466

Evan Lu

Dec 20, 2016, 6:02:51 PM12/20/16
to Romain Rigaux, Hue-Users
Thank you for your response, Romain!

This is very helpful guide!

I will try it later today and see how it works.

Evan Lu

Jan 5, 2017, 4:54:33 PM1/5/17
to Romain Rigaux, Hue-Users
Hi Romain,

How could I support 2 HDFS in file browser?

For example, in file browser, I could have a drop down menu:
file browser
   -- HDFS A
   -- HDFS B

Thanks a lot! Looking forward to your reponse!

Romain Rigaux

Jan 7, 2017, 12:34:38 PM1/7/17
to Evan Lu, Hue-Users
You would need to implement it yourself if you need it now. Multi cluster might come up in Hue by the Hue team at the end of 2017, but no guaranteed.

Evan Lu

Feb 1, 2017, 3:11:39 PM2/1/17
to Romain Rigaux, Hue-Users
Hi Romain,

I am currently implementing the feature for my use case.

My idea is:

The problem is: when I click a folder, it will go to a folder in the default HDFS, not the one I selected.
URL would be: http://127.0.0.1:8000/filebrowser/view=HDFS://cluster_a/#/user/hue/   This will go to the default HDFS.

So where can I join the prefix "hdfs://{selected_cluster}" to the path /user/hue/?  It seems to be jquery on front-end side?

Can you give me a hint? Thanks a lot!

-Evan

Romain Rigaux

Feb 27, 2017, 6:10:52 PM2/27/17
to Evan Lu, Hue-Users
You probably need something like hdfs:// and hdfs2:// ... prefixes. Or did you do something else?

Note that we will start exploring multi clusters soon, but more switching between cluster. I think some users uses HDFS federation in your cases.