Regd CDK-883 - NPE when IP is not found

Buntu Dev

Mar 16, 2015, 3:18:26 PM3/16/15
to cdk...@cloudera.org
I'm using CDH 5.3.2 which includes Kite v0.15. I ran into this NPE issue when attempting to use the geoIP command and found it to be fixed in CDK-883 which is expected to be part of CDH 5.4 release.

Is there a way to wrap the geoIP command in older versions of Kite and continue to use it when IP is found?

Thanks!

Wolfgang Hoschek

Mar 17, 2015, 3:38:31 AM3/17/15
to Buntu Dev, cdk...@cloudera.org
You can replace the old version of the kite-morphlines-maxmind jar file with the new version of that jar file, e.g. from here: https://repository.cloudera.com/cloudera/cloudera-repos/org/kitesdk/kite-morphlines-maxmind/1.0.0-cdh5.4.0-SNAPSHOT/

Buntu Dev

Mar 17, 2015, 2:19:01 PM3/17/15
to Wolfgang Hoschek, cdk...@cloudera.org
Awesome, will give that a try.. thanks!