kite sink and setting hive.metastore.uris

Tim Williams

May 21, 2015, 9:16:51 AM5/21/15
to cdk...@cloudera.org
In Flume, I'm trying to write to a Hive dataset with the Kite sink.  In doing so, I get an exception "Missing Hive MetaStore connection URI"... looking inside MetaStoreUtil, I see that it's expecting a typical hive.metastore.uris property to be set, but I'm not sure where to put that property such that the DatasetSink will have access to it?  If it matters, I'm using CDH 5.4.x and configuring flume through the CM.

Thanks,
--tim

Ryan Blue

May 21, 2015, 12:19:39 PM5/21/15
to Tim Williams, cdk...@cloudera.org
Hi Tim,

It looks like Flume isn't picking up the Hive configuration from its
classpath automatically in CDH 5.4. You can get around this by adding
the metastore host and port to your Hive Dataset URI like this:

...kite.dataset.uri = dataset:hive://ms-host:9083/table_name
Or:
...kite.dataset.uri = dataset:hive://ms-host:9083/db/table_name

Thanks for using Kite! I'll look into getting the HiveConf issue fixed.

rb

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer