Object Model vs Storage Format

srinivasarao daruna

Apr 4, 2016, 1:17:24 PM4/4/16
to CDK Development
Hi,

I got one question which i am struggling to find out answers. I have been working with Avro and Parquet for quite a some time. However, i am lacking few granular and in depth knowledge about storage format and object model.

I know basic details that, Storage format is Disk representation and Object Model is in memory representation.

But, the missing link for me is,

1) If i have used a storage format such as parquet, how does they fit in memory and how exactly the object model come into play in processing.?

2) Does it come into picture actually.?

Every data needs to bring in to memory when they are being processed. Does parquet do not worry about how they represented in memory or how it works for memory representations.

Thank You,
Regards,
Srini