kite-sdk make AVRO fields all nullable by default

M. van Klingeren

Apr 29, 2015, 3:48:50 AM4/29/15
to cdk...@cloudera.org
If a option could be added to the kite-dataset CLI, so all columns get 'null', this would greatly help.

I'm currently using json-schema to create a avro schema, based on different json files from odata webservices. The prediction of what types should be, works ok;,
but being able to have all types [nullable] by default with an option, would greatly help.

So the importer wont fail as often.

Tom White

Apr 29, 2015, 4:42:04 AM4/29/15
to M. van Klingeren, cdk...@cloudera.org
I think the json-schema command will infer that a field is nullable if
it sees a null (missing) value. But it would be useful to add the
option you suggest. Would you mind opening a JIRA at
https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/CDK?

Thanks,
Tom

M. van Klingeren

Apr 29, 2015, 5:02:16 AM4/29/15
to cdk...@cloudera.org, mvkli...@gmail.com
Hi Tom,

Thanks for your quick response, i've opened the following

Greets,
Milco