Find all datasets in a namespace

Micah Whitacre

Mar 12, 2015, 6:02:01 PM3/12/15
to cdk...@cloudera.org
Is there an easy way to find all datasets in a given namespace?  The nearest approach I could find would be to do Datasets.list(...) on a repo, then spinning through the URIs to load the Dataset and then filtering based on the namespaces matching.  Seems like if the Datasetst.lists let me specify a URI of repo+namespace that's be nice.

Any alternatives I might be missing?

Ryan Blue

Mar 12, 2015, 8:16:58 PM3/12/15
to Micah Whitacre, cdk...@cloudera.org
We can add a method that does this, but we don't currently support it. I
wasn't sure how much of the repository API to expose through Datasets
methods, so I kept it to just one. What would you like to see here?

rb

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer

Micah Whitacre

Mar 12, 2015, 9:58:54 PM3/12/15
to cdk...@cloudera.org, mkw...@gmail.com
Was actually thinking if I could do Datasets.list("dataset:hdfs:/namespace") and got back all of the datasets that match that namespace it would be helpful.

Logged: