Registering Kite views with Hive

Andrew Stevenson

Oct 9, 2015, 11:45:12 AM10/9/15
to cdk...@cloudera.org
Hi Guys,

I'm interested in using the view API's to register schema projections on a base kite dataset with Hive. Is this possible?

I can do it via Hive directly with a view DDL statement but would like to use Kite by providing a schema subset and use kite to query. For example I might have a base dataset with 200 columns but expose a limited set to a consumer and evolve this over time.

Regards

Andrew

Ryan Blue

Oct 9, 2015, 12:08:09 PM10/9/15
to Andrew Stevenson, cdk...@cloudera.org
Kite doesn't currently integrate with Hive views like this, but it
shouldn't be too difficult as long as there is a metastore API to create
views. That would be a neat feature!

rb
--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer

Andrew Stevenson

Oct 9, 2015, 12:11:26 PM10/9/15
to Ryan Blue, cdk...@cloudera.org
I'll create a Jira and have stab at it.

Regards

Andrew

Oct 9, 2015, 12:17:17 PM10/9/15
to Andrew Stevenson, cdk...@cloudera.org
Thanks! Let me know if you have questions about what's currently there.

rb