Kite-dataset copy on Sqoop'ed table

Buntu Dev

Sep 17, 2015, 4:00:50 PM9/17/15
to cdk...@cloudera.org
I got a table A Sqoop'ed which seems to be set the serializationLib to 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.lazy.LazySimpleSerDe'. I'm attempting to use 'kite-dataset copy' to copy that table to another dataset B which is partitioned and uses parquet format.

But the copy command fails with this error:

 Unknown error: Unknown format for serde:org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.lazy.LazySimpleSerDe

Any way I can fix this error?

Thanks!

Ryan Blue

Sep 17, 2015, 5:14:23 PM9/17/15
to Buntu Dev, cdk...@cloudera.org
Kite doesn't currently support Hive's Text format, which I believe is
what LazySimpleSerDe is. You should be able to use Hive to copy from
that table into an Avro or Parquet table that Kite can read.

rb
--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer