Travis "default" profile?

Micah Whitacre

Dec 1, 2015, 10:03:52 AM12/1/15
to CDK Development
When looking at PR for this project there are three builds for different profiles (default/cdh4/cdh5), but I'm curious what is the purpose of the build for the "default" profile is for?  Specifically if you look at the output it says,

"[WARNING] The requested profile "default" could not be activated because it does not exist."

So what is that profile testing exactly?

Micah Whitacre

Dec 1, 2015, 11:26:49 AM12/1/15
to CDK Development
Part of the reason I'm asking is I think we are getting some flaky/inconsistent build results from Travis.  Building the profiles locally works correctly but when Travis is doing the builds it fails.  I kicked off the "master" branch build again which had passed and was successful and just got failures from a flume project on the "cdh5" profile.

Ryan Blue

Dec 1, 2015, 12:36:30 PM12/1/15
to Micah Whitacre, CDK Development
The default profile means that we didn't activate the other profiles,
like cdh5 or hadoop1. Basically, build with recent upstream Apache
dependencies. We call it the default because that's what you get when
you don't add a -P. And I *thought* that maven accepted that as a valid
profile (it shows up in IntelliJ). In any case, I don't think that's the
source of your problem.

I think we should remove the flaky flume project. Flume has had Kite
support for more than a year now and we don't need to keep it in the
Kite project. I'm +1 for removing the module entirely.

rb
> --

Ryan Blue
Software Engineer
Cloudera, Inc.

Micah Whitacre

Jan 4, 2016, 11:36:57 AM1/4/16
to CDK Development, mkw...@gmail.com
Issue to remove the kite-data-flume module[1] and PR created.