Payor Directories / Database IDs etc

Jaz-Michael King

Mar 5, 2021, 2:25:31 PMMar 5
to ny-sepsis-ehr-discuss
Hi all, as a followup to our call this week I'd like to see if anyone can dig into their backend data system and find out what data you have available for us to review that constitutes the payor options presented to end-users/scribes etc. Any format at all - this is just for an informal review to see what future dictionaries should be looking to receive in terms of payor name and or identifier based on what's available in your systems.

Cheers all,

Jaz
--
Jaz-Michael King
Chief Technology Officer

Gregory Briddick, Jr.

Mar 30, 2021, 2:18:25 PMMar 30
to ny-sepsis-ehr-discuss, Jaz-Michael King
For EPIC, we have a few different ways that the data can be stored in Clarity.

Both of the ways come back to either a coverage list, which is a list of all of the insurance coverages recorded in the system or a payor list.  Both of these include the names and a financial class variable which can be mapped to the SPARCS datapoints.

Gurley, Alexandra

Mar 30, 2021, 7:19:47 PMMar 30
to Gregory Briddick, Jr., ny-sepsis-ehr-discuss, Jaz-Michael King, Mancher, David, Farrow, Carmen

Hi everyone,

This is Alexandra Gurley from NYCHHC. I’ve attached a list of our payers, and my best guess of mapping the payer types to the request from the data dictionary. The list includes payer name, financial class, and mapping element. I am also mapping using financial class as mentioned below.

To retrieve the payer, I am pulling directly from the hospital account (will return primary, secondary, and tertiary coverage at the time of visit).

Please let me know if this helps, or if you have any questions. Also, I generally report on the clinical not billing side, so my guesses of mapping may be far off! Please let me know if you need additional information about the payer’s the help finalize decisions.

Thank you,

Alexandra

May 10, 2021, 8:31:14 PMMay 10
to Gregory Briddick, Jr., ny-sepsis-ehr-discuss, Jaz-Michael King, Mancher, David, Farrow, Carmen

Hi everyone,

Can you please provide an update on payer types/mapping of financial class to the expected coded value specified in the Data Dictionary?

Thank you,

Alexnadra