Race Issue

Gurley, Alexandra

Jul 21, 2021, 11:38:17 AM7/21/21
to ny-sepsis-ehr-discuss, Jalon, Hillary

Hi everyone,

I am receiving an error in the testing portal for the Race column and for the Personal Identifier column. Race will not accept values of E9 or R9 – I further tested this by setting a static value of E9 for every patient and I received an error on every patient. The Personal Identifier column is giving an error that all letters must be capitalized, but they are in the output and my formula forces them to be:

concat(left(upper(pat2.pat_last_name),2),right(upper(pat2.pat_last_name),2),left(upper(pat2.pat_first_name),2),coalesce(right(pat2.ssn,4),'0000'))

Has anyone else run into these problems?

Thank you,

Alexandra

Visit www.nychealthandhospitals.org

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this E-Mail may be confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on this e-mail, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-Mail message in error, notify the sender by reply E-Mail and delete the message.

Bindhu Satheesh

Jul 21, 2021, 12:51:27 PM7/21/21
to Gurley, Alexandra, ny-sepsis-ehr-discuss, Jalon, Hillary
I got the same error message for the Unique Personal Identifier field, but the actual issue was that the patient's first name only had 1 letter, like C Mathew for the first name. In that case I replaced C with MA.

Bindhu

Gurley, Alexandra

Jul 26, 2021, 3:10:52 PM7/26/21
to Bindhu Satheesh, ny-sepsis-ehr-discuss, Jalon, Hillary

Thank you! What if the first name is just “N” or just “M”?

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.  Forward suspect email to spam...@nychhc.org as an attachment (Click the More button, then forward as attachment).

Bindhu Satheesh

Jul 26, 2021, 5:27:41 PM7/26/21
to Gurley, Alexandra, ny-sepsis-ehr-discuss, Jalon, Hillary
Sorry, not sure what to do in that case.

Bindhu

Sent from my iPhone

Gurley, Alexandra

Jul 26, 2021, 9:59:38 PM7/26/21
to Bindhu Satheesh, ny-sepsis-ehr-discuss, Jalon, Hillary

Ok thank you! Can anyone from ipro please share guidance?

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this E-Mail may be confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on this e-mail, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-Mail message in error, notify the sender by reply E-Mail and delete the message.

Gregory Briddick, Jr.

Jul 29, 2021, 3:10:38 PM7/29/21
to ny-sepsis-ehr-discuss, Gurley, Alexandra, ny-sepsis-ehr-discuss, Jalon, Hillary, bsathe...@gmail.com
I am able to submit cases with R9 and E9 without errors.  Can you verify that the field is being submitted as a string (i.e. enclosed in single quotes) and that the alpha characters are uppercase?