Data file format - Codes VerD 2.1

Melissa Wilbert

Apr 27, 2021, 2:11:42 PM4/27/21
to ny-sepsis-ehr-discuss
Hello,
In putting together our queries, we thought to take the approach of storing your appendix codes in a custom database table so that they can be readily referenced against our EHR data tables. This would also help with refreshing those codes as needed.

The CSV codes provided are formatted into separate files.

Would it be possible for NYS to provide this reference as a single CSV file, containing an exhaustive list of codes? This would be with an additional 'category'/ 'data element' field to indicate what data element the codes are for (as is shown in the name of the provided files).

Are there other approaches users are taking to reference those tables for lookup?

As was discussed previously, the ICD-10 codes in the CSV D2.1 files are missing the industry standard '.' Are there updated code lists available with the '.' included in the formatting?