Integrity Constraint add/remove

Andrea Westerinen

Apr 17, 2013, 12:55:13 AM4/17/13
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
I want to start this by saying that I love the integrity constraint checking capabilities and have successfully used them.

BUT ... it would be great if there were a command line interface for adding and removing constraints for a database.

I have kludged together a load/unload constraints interface, passing in my constraints in an .owl file.  But this would have been so much easier/simpler/less error prone, if I had "./stardog add --C" (for constraints) and "remove" command line capabilities.  It would be great to add/remove the constraint triples in the same way that I add and remove regular triples from a database.

Have you thought about providing this?

Andrea

Mike Grove

Apr 17, 2013, 7:05:56 AM4/17/13
to stardog
We have, it's in fact already in the administrative CLI.  =)

There is 'icv add', 'icv drop' and 'icv remove' for adding, clearing and removing constraints respectively.

I think the confusion stems from the fact that the client CLI only exposes validation which makes it easy to miss.  Managing ICV seemed more like an administrative function, to me at least, and I was the one responsible for the CLI, so they got put into the admin section.

Works pretty much exactly as you describe, takes an OWL file of your constraints in any RDF format we support and adds/removes those constraints from the specified database.

Cheers,

Mike

Andrea

--