Is it a known problem that Stardog have problem working with mounted file system in Docker ?

oklma...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2015, 3:37:23 AM6/4/15
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
I use Boot2Docker 1.6.2 on Windows, which in turn uses Oracle VM VirtualBox.

I ran a fedora docker image (in interactive mode with bash), and mounted my Windows directory in the docker image. The mounted directory appears as "system" under  $STARDOG_HOME/system. This means Stardog's database (and I believe the user accounts as well ?) are written into $STARDOG_HOME/system.

When I start up Stardog in docker and create a database as well as a new user account, I can log in using the new user account and see the database as well.

In the Windows directory, stardog's system files also appears. However, it is strange that if I restart stardog (and not the docker image), the admin console of Stardog does not have the new user account nor the database anymore.

Is this a known problem in Boot2Docker, and is this also a know problem if I do the same thing in a non-virtualized Linux environment with Docker ?

oklma...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2015, 11:15:51 PM6/14/15
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
I took some time to try this out in AWS EC2 instance.  I boot up the instance , installed docker and ran the Stardog image. I have the same problem  as well. Looks like this is a Stardog related issue rather than Docker + Oracle VM issue.