Stardog service stops responding to queries

1 view

shubha...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2014, 4:09:15 AM11/3/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hi,

I am using Stardog 2.1.3 community edition on a Windows server 2008 R2 machine. I have to set up a database and a graph with configuration.
I am using stardog connector provided by dotNetRdf for querying the graph by making use of Sparql query.

All of a sudden I stopped getting results from Stardog server. There were no errors, exception but no tuples were returned. I tried to execute the same query (Which was working before) from Stardog command prompt, still no result.
There were no logs in any log files and I could not increase the log level as I am using Community edition. Re staring the service, the machine did not help.
Strangely, if I drop and re create the database, everything started working fine again.

I am facing this issue many times now, and I am not able to get away from re creating every time.

Can anybody help in solving the issue?

Thanks,
Shubhanjali

Mike Grove

Nov 3, 2014, 7:30:52 AM11/3/14
to stardog
On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 4:09 AM, <shubha...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I am using Stardog 2.1.3 community edition on a Windows server 2008 R2 machine. I have to set up a database and a graph with configuration.
I am using stardog connector provided by dotNetRdf for querying the graph by making use of Sparql query.

You should download the latest version, 2.1.3 was released six months ago.

All of a sudden I stopped getting results from Stardog server. There were no errors, exception but no tuples were returned. I tried to execute the same query (Which was working before) from Stardog command prompt, still no result.
There were no logs in any log files and I could not increase the log level as I am using Community edition. Re staring the service, the machine did not help.
Strangely, if I drop and re create the database, everything started working fine again.

I am facing this issue many times now, and I am not able to get away from re creating every time.

You'll need to define all of a sudden.  It's unlikely that without user action, the database simply stopped working correctly.  You said this happens many times, what is the sequence of actions you perform to reproduce the issue?  Can you send us a copy of the database that is not working?

Cheers,

Mike

--
-- --

shubha...@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2014, 12:36:26 AM11/10/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response.
Moving to the latest version may not be immediately possible, but yes I will surely consider that.
I said all of a sudden because till now I haven't been able to find out the reason for failure. There were no user action apart from firing some select queries. I am running Same version of stardog in multiple machines and i have observed this failures in only 2 instances. All the instances are physically same only the query frequency may vary. The least queried instance with least amount of data went into failure mode but the most queried with large amount of graph data is still working fine.

Can you please give me your email address to which I can send the db copy and logs?

Thanks,
Shubhanjali